Disson Skating Blog
Tickets for Shall We Dance on Ice are on-sale now
The US Cellular Coliseum and Disson Skating are pleased to announce that four professional dancers have been added to the cast of Paul Mitchell Shall We Dance on Ice coming to Bloomington, Ill., on Saturday, December 12, 2015. This previously announced event will showcase a journey of dance through the ages with both dancing and skating, enhanced by music and special effects to create an elegant production on the ice.
The four professional dancers joining the cast are:
- Dmitry Chaplin is a Russian-born dancer, actor, choreographer, and teacher. Chaplin began ballroom dancing at the age of 12 and has won many national and international titles whilst representing the United States. He has appeared as a star professional on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and as a competitor and Emmy®-nominated choreographer on Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance. He headlined the Vegas spectacular “Dancing with the Stars – Live” and has choreographed and made appearances on several TV shows including FOX’s Bones and ABC Family’s Baby Daddy.
- Chelsie Hightower is a multi-talented American dancer, teacher and Emmy®-nominated choreographer. She was a professional dance partner and choreographer on Dancing with the Stars for seven seasons, competed on season four of So You Think You Can Dance, and was selected as one of ten So You Think You Can Dance all-stars in season 10. She also tours the country teaching and performing at corporate and charity events. Her dancing career started at the age of nine and she won her first national title at the age of eleven.
- Anna Trebunskaya made her Dancing with the Stars debut during the show’s second season, partnering with NFL legend Jerry Rice and placing 2nd on the hit competition show. Since then, fan favorite Trebunskaya has waltzed, foxtrotted, tangoed and cha cha’ed with celebrities and athletes such as NFL quarterback Kurt Warner, US Olympic figure skater Evan Lysacek, boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard, UFC fighter Chuck Liddell, actor Steve Guttenberg, fashion guru Carson Kressley, soap opera star Jack Wagner and 98 Degrees heartthrob and Broadway actor Drew Lachey. Trebunskaya is an entrepreneur and owns the You Can Dance ballroom studio in Hermosa Beach, CA with her mother Irina.
- Damian Whitewood was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia. Whitewood was first introduced to ballroom dancing at the age of ten by his older brother Jason, and Damian’s mother was also a competitive ballroom dancer during her childhood. Whitewood has appeared on ABC’s top rated show Dancing with the Stars with Pamela Anderson, and has also made guest appearances on Dancing with the Stars in Israel, Argentina and Mexico, along with So You Think You Can Dance in Australia and Holland. In 2012 and 2013, Whitewood was the runner up on Dancing with the Stars Australia with Danielle Spencer and songstress Tina Arena, respectively.
Tickets go on sale Friday, August 7, at 10 a.m. CST.
Olympic Champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White will headline the Colgate Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular at the Northern Illinois University Convocation Center on Wednesday, December 16, 2015, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Pre-sale tickets for the show go on sale August 6th at 10:00 a.m. and on August 7th to the general public.
Tickets will be available at the Convocation Center box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000. Ticket prices range from $28.00 to $78.00. NIU students/faculty get a $10.00 discount with NIU OneCard (Limit 2) at the box office.
Group discounts are available.
The cast will feature the most decorated dance team in U.S. figure skating history, 2014 Olympic champions and two-time World champions Davis and White.
In addition to Davis and White, the figure skating cast will include stars:
- World Champion and U.S. Champion Kimmie Meissner
- Five-time U.S. Champions Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev
- U.S. Champion Ryan Bradley
- Two-time U.S. bronze medalists Kim Navarro & Brent Bommentre
- U.S. national competitor Carly Donowick
The cast will also include the following gymnastics stars:
- 2013 World silver medalist (FX) and four-time U.S. Champion (3x FX and 1x VT) Jake Dalton
- 2015 Pan American Champion (team) and 2015 Pan American bronze medalist (HB) Paul Ruggeri